Thread: Hi, I'm new to the forum

Default Hi, I'm new to the forum

I've dabbled in music for a few years, and have mostly been involved in singing in one form or another.

I play a few instruments - badly! I thought it high time to take up an instrument seriously, so I chose bass as I seem to have a bit of a feel for it.
    I am a beginner, but I am really enjoying the journey of learning the bass, even down to the fact that I am starting to be able to memorise the notes on the fretboard. It's a real thrill - and it can only get better! My long term goal would be to get in a soul/funk band as a singer/bass player - Got to aim high I guess!

Welcome to the party, Craze!

Welcome aboard, Jase! Glad to hear you're enjoying the lessons. Check out the RESOURCES tab for all kinds of supplemental goodies for TMBG students!

- low life -

Welcome to TMBG and to the Forum for users.

Exciting times ahead. Take your time and make sure you have the material from one lesson firmly under your belt before moving on, because the subsequent lessons build on the material from the earlier ones. While there were some who zoomed through the material in an amazingly short period of time, most find that it is at least a 2 year program (assuming that you are disciplined for practice times.

It's not a race, however, so take your time, enjoy the journey and feel free to give us a shout here on the forum if you have questions. Sometimes we have answers, and if we don't, there's always Roy, who drops in now and then to put us straight, or just provide some encouragement.

Welcome to TMBG and Thunder Row, Crazyjase. Glade to have you aboard. Enjoy!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Welcome to TMBG Crazyjase!! Let the fun begin!