+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Family Photo day - Every bass has a story

Default Family Photo day - Every bass has a story

So I told my wife, "just one more honey" six times......I think she is on to me.

Left to Right -

* Me FrankenFender. Ok this started out as a MIM Fender Jazz. However, it has become the platform for every/any wild idea that might pop into my head. Currently, Dimarzio Ultra J's, US made control plate, American Fender high mass bridge, Schaller tuners, and a warmoth black bound and blocked neck. This is its, third neck, third bridge, second set of pickups, the only original piece is the body

* Rickenbacker 4003. Sounds just like a Rickenbacker 4003, all stock.

* Carvin Bunny Brunel 75, I bought this for 500 bucks the body was sun faded, the electronics were to scratchy to fix. So, Sadowsky noiseless pickups, GlockenKlang pre-amp. This things sound amazing!

* Carvin SB5000, this thing needs no modifications! Funk monster...

* Lonny Gold Standard 5, my 50th birthday present from my beautiful bride, built by my buddy Lonny White in Minnesota. I saved a few bucks and had him put a Warmoth neck on it, but the rest is hand carved, finished. Bartolini pickups, Bartolini NTBS preamp, Hipshot bridge and tuners, this is my first choice and the swish army knife of basses, PB, Music Man, Warwick thumb, this thing can get all the tones.

* American Fender Jazz (kind-of) put in 62 Jazz control plate, again, Warmoth neck, peal blocked and bound (this was on my MIM the last time I did photos), great sounding and looking bass.

* Carvin PB5, OMG! OMG! This came to me kind of in a weird way...ok the story. I built a Carvin Icon in crimson red on the Carvin site, pulled the order trigger and waited 10 weeks, to my excitement it arrived but upon opening the box I was initially disappointed. It had black hardware, with white knobs (I ordered black), pretty ugly. The color in person was not quite what I expected. However, it sounded great so I vacillated one whether to send it back or not. Carvin sent me new knobs overnight btw, (points for Carvin). So I built a similar PB5 on the Carvin website, thinking I would send the Icon back and buy the PB5. However, before hitting buy I figured I would check out talkbass.com to see if any Carvin's were there. Fate...This PB5 was sitting there for sale or trade. I sent the owner a quick note and asked if he was interested in an Icon in trade. A couple emails later, my icon was in a box to him his PB5 was in a box to me. This thing sounds awesome!, great P sound, great jazz tone, and everything in between, looks stunning, sounds better.

Just one more honey..

Amps, (what you see is my Aguilar GS 112 and my GK200, in the closet is another GS112 and my Aguilar Tone Hammer 500

Puma

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0925.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	4319

LW Gold Standard 5
    Carvin/Kiesel - Icon5, BB75, PB5, LB70
    Fender - Pbass (DiMarzio Ultra P pickups, Warmoth Jazz neck), American Deluxe PJ, MIJ Walnut Jazz, American Elite Jazz
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray
    Power by Carvin B1000 through Markbass 2x10 Traveler (x2) (MarkBass Nano for practice/small gigs)

Somebody turn up the Bass!

www.engine14.com
    www.facebook.com/engine14band[/SIZE]

Yeah, your acquisition of the Carvin PB5 was definitely meant to be. Impressive, photogenic group of basses!

What a lovely family! You must be a proud father!

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread