Thread: Drummer becoming a bassist...

1. Default Drummer becoming a bassist...

Hi folks, I'm Mike in Pittsburgh. I've been a drummer for a long time. (Over forty years.) I dabbled with the bass as a boy and got serious with it a few years ago. I 've been taking lessons with a teacher, but he is moving out of town the beginning of June.

I looked for a DVD based learning program and TMBG seemed like the best out there. I ordered it yesterday and can't wait to get started.

Welcome to TMBG and Thunder Row. I think that you will find the TMBG course to be outstanding and the community at Thunder Row to be both friendly and helpful. Good luck with your journey to the Low End.

DaveB
    Bass Rx When Feeling Blue:
    I I I I IV IV I I V IV I I
    Repeat As Necessary.

(Minor Variations Allowed)

Welcome to the Row. Bassist Doug Johns once advised that bass players should learn to play drums. It gets you familiar with timing, and the relationship between the two main members of the rhythm section. Since you have already done that, I'd say you're gonna do just fine on the bass!

http://www.thunderrow.com/content.ph...-Row-Interview
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 05-05-2015 at 03:52 AM.

- low life -

Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, drummer5359. Enjoy!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Welcome to the Row, drummerman!

You'll find, as we have, that regardless of your previous skill level, there are important things to be learned from this amazing series of lessons. Be sure you get all the material and skills under your belt in one lesson before you move on, because subsequent lessons build on the material presented before.

Enjoy!!!!

6. Default

Thanks guys!

Although I'm a solid working drummer, I consider myself a mediocre bassist on my best days. I have worked with some great bassists over the years, and I push myself pretty hard. I have no intention on moving onto another lesson until each one is mastered.

The DVDs and book came in the mail today. I just finished pressure washing our deck. My wife and I are going to dinner tonight, when we get home I'm going to load the first DVD and check it out.

Thanks again for the support!