+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Power Of Music! The Bass!

Default The Power Of Music! The Bass!

Well really, I like a lot of bass players, I think all the great bass players inspire me to keep going when I want to quit. It wasn't always that way, and what I mean by that is I use to see these great players and use to say I'll never be as good as them and
    want to quit. But after you get a little better things change and you keep going. I figured it's like driving my work van to the job and if I quit and turn my van off I will never get to the job, no money, no nothing. So never quit, you'll never get anywhere.
    Don't know why I said all that, but if it helps a beginner great.
    Well now, if I had to pick a favorite bass player although I consider myself a blues jazz 60's 70's oldies bass player and what was the most memorable inspiring memory of watching a bass player play, it would be watching John Entwistle play the solo on 5:15 on The Who's live Royal Albert Hall Concert. If you want to know the power of music and the bass you need to check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Play it load, but watch your ears you might want to keep them! Wow! and if you really want to get excited, listen and watch it in 7.1 THX SURROUND SOUND!!!!!! LIKE I'm GOING TO DO RIGHT NOW!! I'M INSPIRED AND NEED SOME MORE OF IT!! GO LOW BUT STAY HIGH!! ON BASS THAT IS!!!!!!

LINE6BASSMAN

Lane on Bass Guest

I love to watch concert footage, too. And, yes, I do it for inspiration. I enjoy watching music videos for fun, but if I want to be inspired, there's nothing like a good concert video.

Cervantes Guest

Default The Ox!

John "Thunderfingers" Entwistle is at the top of my list.

That version of 5:15 as well as The Real Me... Wonderful stuff. It was hearing him play that made me realize that the bass was an instrument that I would never outgrow. Even some of his early, easier stuff like My Generation is wonderful.

He inspired a new sound and took the bass to a place it had not been before. NOW I am looking forward to learning about the other great bass players.

Cervantes

Cool I Hear You!!!!!!

I Hear You!!!!!! I think I hear you? I'm sure glad I can still Hear!! HE!!HE!!!

GO LOW!!!!STAY HIGH!!!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!!!

line6bassman

Angry It's All John's Fault!!!

Yes it's all John's Fault!! I had to blame someone for my hearing problem!!

line6bassman

Default It's All John's Fault!!!

OH I forgot, My wife say's I don't have a hearing problem, she says I hear what I want to here, smart wify!! Between us here, I hear better than she knows!!
    Last edited by line6bassman; 05-20-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: bad typing

hear, hear!

8. Default The Who in Concert

I saw the Who in concert in '68 in Wellington, NZ. I was in the balcony looking directly down on Pete Townsend's head. Entwhistle was on the opposite side of the stage, hardly anything but his fingers were moving, but the sounds they made shook my ribs. Amazing.

Funny thing...I've never been a big fan of The Who...but whenever a Who song was playing, I always grooved on the bass. Love it to death in Eminence Front.

Question The Guess Who Said!!

Well, just as The Guess Who Said!! Where did you get the Gun John??

line6bassman

+ Reply to Thread