Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Don Burpee - 1956 - 2015

Donnie my Storm Trooper friend! I'll see ya when I get in the big bass band up yonder!! Singing Amazing Grace!

Line6bassman
    Last edited by line6bassman; 07-17-2015 at 06:34 PM.

I remember seeing some of his posts around the forum. I'd never spoken to him but I could tell he was always striving to learn more about bass playing. Sorry to see him go. I'm glad he had started his bass journey so hopefully he was fulfilled doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    Today is the day of Donnie's funeral. 10:00 am Florida time, so I guess it's already underway.

As listed on the tribute page I posted, it says:

"A funeral service with military honors is planned for 10 AM – Friday, July 17, 2015 at the Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, Florida."

Military Honours. Beautiful.

RIP, my Brother. See you on the other side.
    My dad is buried there, next time I go I will look for Donnie B.

Semper Fi, Marine

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    My dad is buried there, next time I go I will look for Donnie B.

Semper Fi, Marine
    Say hi from all of us!! And, not to be a ghoul or anything, a picture of the site would be soothing.

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    Say hi from all of us!! And, not to be a ghoul or anything, a picture of the site would be soothing.
    It would not be ghoulish or anything. This is a beautiful, solemn place where good men AND women are honored the way they deserve.

I will have to see if I can find a directory, the place is beautiful but very large.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Default Donnie's grave site info

Here is some info about Donnie's grave from the cemetery's web site. If anyone is in the area, the grave location is on the linked page. I will try and get up there if it ever stops raining long enough. I didn't know Donnie lived in Dunnellon. I used to ride my motorcycle through that beautiful little town regularly. That is one of the nicest parts of Florida in my opinion. Here's the link:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=49097982&

Edit: Yeesh, I just noticed that is the grave of Donald L Burpee who died in 2009, not Donald A Burpee. A relative maybe? It is the only grave returned in the search on the website. I will attempt to find out the actual location and report back. Sorry for the misinformation.
    Last edited by kimgee; 07-24-2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: my bad

Default Donnie's grave location.......again

OK, I think I got it this time. This is a link from the US Dept of Veteran's Affairs:

http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/index.html?cemetery=N911

Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: It's going to be a looong day. Apparently the page does not retain the search info, so here it is:

BURPEE, DONALD ALLAN
    PFC US MARINE CORPS
    VIETNAM
    DATE OF BIRTH: 05/15/1956
    DATE OF DEATH: 07/07/2015
    BURIED AT: SECTION 622 SITE 193
    FLORIDA NATIONAL CEMETERY
    6502 SW. 102ND AVE. BUSHNELL, FL 33513
    (352) 793-7740
    Last edited by kimgee; 07-24-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimgee View Post
    OK, I think I got it this time. This is a link from the US Dept of Veteran's Affairs:

http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/index.html?cemetery=N911

Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: It's going to be a looong day. Apparently the page does not retain the search info, so here it is:

BURPEE, DONALD ALLAN
    PFC US MARINE CORPS
    VIETNAM
    DATE OF BIRTH: 05/15/1956
    DATE OF DEATH: 07/07/2015
    BURIED AT: SECTION 622 SITE 193
    FLORIDA NATIONAL CEMETERY
    6502 SW. 102ND AVE. BUSHNELL, FL 33513
    (352) 793-7740
    He is actually interned near my dad (603) - easily the most beautiful area of the cemetery. Quiet and pristine.

Thanks for looking up the info, kimgee. It's nice that some of you are near the location, and can stop by to say hello to our friend.

I'm glad to call Donnie a friend. We met through TR, and traded emails and messages from time to time. It was always great to hear from him, because he always had something positive to talk about. And even though he was going through his own medical issues, he checked in on me often when I was Crawling Through Fire.

The world needs more people like Don. I'm going to miss him, and I will always wish we had been able to meet in person.

The good news, however, is that - in heaven - your bass never goes out of tune, your amp is always loud enough, and everyone wants to hear a bass solo.

God bless, Donnie. Rest easy and I'll see you on the other side.