Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubase with Windows 10 Issue

Default Cubase with Windows 10 Issue

Just informing anyone who like me uses Cubase along with my Zoom R24 there are some issues if you upgrade to
    Windows 10.. TO LATE. I did and I actually like a lot about it!! But it did cause issues with my Licencing.
    But to bad Cubase you need to fix the issue you know how many new computers that are going to have Windows 10??
    Well just informing here and here's a note from Cubase (Steinberg) And have a great night.

Line6bassmanTR

Compatibility of Steinberg products with Windows 10

July 29, 2015

We would like to inform you about the results of our compatibility tests around Microsoft’s new operating system, Windows 10.

While many Steinberg products have successfully been tested under Windows 10, such as WaveLab, our VST instruments and our audio interfaces running in ASIO mode, others, unfortunately, still cause problems when run on the new operating system by Microsoft. We recommend users notably of our DAWs, Cubase and Nuendo, not to update for the time being as this may lead to an increase in audio drop-outs and MIDI timing issues. We also have recognized incompatibilities when using Apple QuickTime and the Steinberg EuCon adapter, and audio interfaces won’t operate reliably in WDM audio mode either. Our engineers are examining the problems and evaluating possible solutions for affected customers. We shall immediately inform you as soon as we know more.

We’ve published a Knowledge Base article that gives a daily updated overview of Steinberg products that run smoothly under Windows. Please check the article’s included chart for current information on product compatibility.

Product Compatibility Info Regarding Microsoft Windows 10

We’d like to update you on the development and certification process regarding Microsoft Windows 10 for current Steinberg products.

You can find a list of Steinberg applications that we have tested for Windows 10 (Build 10240) below. For newer products, check the corresponding product pages and the system requirements on supported operating systems. Older products which are not listed are not supported and consequently, no further updates are planned.

Important:

Please make sure that you always use the latest updates available!
    Some of the compatible products require the latest eLicenser Control (eLC) version. Please download the latest version from the eLicenser.net website and make sure to install it prior to other Steinberg applications.

Microsoft Windows 10 compatibility (as of July 30th, 2015)
    CubaseProduct Version Comments
    Cubase Pro 8.0.20 Not recommended. Performance and timing issues.
    Cubase Artist 8.0.20 Not recommended. Performance and timing issues.
    Cubase Elements 8.0.20 Not recommended. Performance and timing issues.
    Cubase AI 8.0.20 Not recommended. Performance and timing issues.
    Cubase AI 7.0.80 Not recommended. Performance and timing issues.
    Cubase LE 8.0.20 Not recommended. Performance and timing issues.
    Cubase LE 7.0.80 Not recommended. Performance and timing issues.
    Cubasis Project Importer 1.9.5 Compatible
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Not taking the plunge to Windows 10 just yet. I love Windows 7 on my laptop and XP on my desktop. My programs work really well.

Hmmm, I wonder if Microsoft actually even cares that well respected progs like Cubase won't work properly with their new OS.

- low life -

I'm delaying any update to Windows 10 because my main rig has programs that aren't yet fully compatible with Win10. I'll give it a few months for more software companies to adapt to the new OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    Not taking the plunge to Windows 10 just yet. I love Windows 7 on my laptop and XP on my desktop. My programs work really well.

Hmmm, I wonder if Microsoft actually even cares that well respected progs like Cubase won't work properly with their new OS.
    I guess they care in a sense but it may be not top priority for newly rolled out OS since Cubase is written on top of the OS and may it not be MS's main agenda to ensure 3rd party applications work on it right away. I think MS will eventually iron out some issues so that Cubase-like programs are more stable in the environment.
    Last edited by jusca; 08-12-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Here is the most important reason to NOT upgrade to Windows 10:

http://www.rt.com/usa/311304-new-win...rivacy-issues/

Why do you think they are giving it away for free?

Quote Originally Posted by kimgee View Post
    Here is the most important reason to NOT upgrade to Windows 10:

http://www.rt.com/usa/311304-new-win...rivacy-issues/

Why do you think they are giving it away for free?
    That link started off with some interesting facts about WIN 10 and privacy, but quickly deteriorated into a world domination war over the dollar and international trade between two individuals. . .

Default huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    That link started off with some interesting facts about WIN 10 and privacy, but quickly deteriorated into a world domination war over the dollar and international trade between two individuals. . .
    There is nothing like you describe in the article that I can see. Did you click on one of the "sponsored" links at the bottom? Yeah, those are spammage of the foulest sort, but I see no text in the body of the article that fits your description.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    If there is no anticipated significant difference to profit margin or if the change would decrease the margin, the answer, I strongly suspect, is no.
    Brian

No, the later part of my statement was referring to the comments, that appear below the "sponsored links". Most people who post comments are trolls one and all

Well if you did go to Windows 10 and you want to go back to 7 -8 etc here's an article from PC World and link on how to do it.
    But to be honest I like Windows 10!! And on the Cubase issue with me really it doesn't bother me long as I can record on my Zoom R24
    it really doesn't need Cubase it's good enough for me on its own..

Line6bassmanTR

How to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7 or 8
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/29606...html#tk.nl_pwr
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!