+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Lee - Upright Bass - Sort of?!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Will Lee - Upright Bass - Sort of?!!

Hey just found this!!! Will Lee playing my bass with Ben E King on Stand by me!! Sort of?? My Line 6 (bass like mine) Sort of?? Mines a 5 his is a 4. Bass set on 1949 Kay Upright! ( based on 1949 Kay M-1 Upright Bass) COOL!!! Well at least for me there's no Sort of it about it for me!!

Line6bassman

GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

I'm confused about what you're trying to say. Was it your intention to mention that someone else plays a Line 6 bass like you and you were excited about it?
    Last edited by jusca; 11-02-2015 at 01:57 PM.

So I was looking up the bass and all its tone effects. Cool bass you've got!

Quote Originally Posted by jusca View Post
    i'm confused about what you're trying to say. Was it your intention to mention that someone else plays a line 6 bass like you and you were excited about it?
    you got it!!

Great song. Great bass sound!

- low life -

Cool sound. Sounds pretty authentic. Your bass does that, or is that a Line 6 processor?

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    Cool sound. Sounds pretty authentic. Your bass does that, or is that a Line 6 processor?
    Hey TM. It's the bass itself. can't remember how they did it but it's sort of sampled but another way of sampling (some other technology) from the original 1949 Kay M-1 Upright Bass, Miced. what's cool about it also is when you turn the knob on bass like you would to go from
    front to back pic up the sound changes from the Mic closer to strings to farther away sound from strings!! Pretty cool! And TM it also has this bass on it at flick of knob. You let me know on this which would be cool to find out. This one.

Michael Tobias - 2002 MTD 535 35-inch scale. Check this video out at about the 6:12 time mark.
    PS. It also has a Steinberger NXT5 somewhere around the 8 mark I think?

Line6bassman
    Last edited by line6bassman; 11-06-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Where's the pup?

- low life -

Quite a wide variety of sounds/tones there L6B!

The Stingray at about 2:40 was very good. MTD 535 caught the modern tone of that instrument and the 1949 Kay upright was great.

Didn't find the NXT5 in there. I think it must have a piezo pickup in the bridge that feeds the processor.

I had no idea this existed. Good thing I'm broke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread