+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My favorite bass

Default My favorite bass

I was lucky enough to snag this gem off ebay recently and thought I would share it with you guys. It a Tricera model and was made by Justin Hoffman at Overture Guitars, which has, sadly, ceased operations it appears. I have never liked single-cut guitars, but this one caught my eye. It was made for a NAMM show, and Justin Hoffman/Overture Guitars had a presence on multiple social media sites, so I was able to find a bit of info on it. I also spoke to Justin briefly after obtaining his phone number from the Overture website where this bass was pictured as an example of his work. But, after I spoke to him, the website was taken down. I guess he didn't realize it was still live and didn't want anymore phone calls. Anyway, I have been very impressed and pleased with the bass and it is the only one I play now. I found some images from his myspace page that were taken before the finish was applied and the others are from the ebay auction. There is also a link to a youtube vid where it is being played at the NAMM show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YEOo-1N5RY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullc.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	4616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fulle.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	4617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	4618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1605.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	4619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1607.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	4620

What a beauty! Some purpleheart I see. A real find! Lucky, lucky, lucky.

- low life -

That purpleheart is a very nice accent. I have it in the neck on my Tobias KB6 as well. Generally not a fan of the large upper horn basses, but that one seems a little more balanced than some I have seen. Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread