Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Bassists Reaching Out - Villis Kabas

Thank you very much for the Hospitality!

Wow! Impressive playing.........and lots of it!!!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kimgee View Post
    Wow! Impressive playing.........and lots of it!!!
    thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by villis View Post
    thank you so much!
    I was merely stating the obvious Villis my friend. I really hope you are making money with your impressive talent. If not, you certainly should be. I have been shocked by the number of extremely skilled, and accomplished (based on their work....not their wallet), musicians that I have encountered on my musical adventure who struggle to make ends meet. We TR members got a sad glimpse of that of which I speak from the financial hardship our friend Lane Baldwin endured when he suffered with some health issues not so long ago. We all know how much effort and determination it takes to become proficient at playing a musical instrument, and yet the vast majority of professional musicians make very little money. Talk about love and devotion! An aspiring musician works for YEARS to master his craft, and is rewarded with pay more suitable for a fast food worker. Very sad indeed. We need a Musicians Benevolent Association like all the police and fire departments, and various other professions have.

i couldn't agree more my friend!I was making my living from music in the past! But you know in this country i am living (greece) musicians are very underpaid and underestimated and beside all these if you want to go this way you should play a lot of crap music and i hated so much! So i find an other job and i am doing this for me! Furthermore i am releasing my first personal bass album soon so i think i am doing what i love best and if money comes ok but anyways you know i don't really mind!By the way thank you again for all that you mentioned before!

Quote Originally Posted by villis View Post
    i couldn't agree more my friend!I was making my living from music in the past! But you know in this country i am living (greece) musicians are very underpaid and underestimated and beside all these if you want to go this way you should play a lot of crap music and i hated so much! So i find an other job and i am doing this for me! Furthermore i am releasing my first personal bass album soon so i think i am doing what i love best and if money comes ok but anyways you know i don't really mind!By the way thank you again for all that you mentioned before!
    Be sure and let us know when and how we can order your CD. I want an autographed copy for sure!

My heart goes out to all the long suffering people of Greece. What the Troika has done to your country is a crime against humanity. Unfortunately, it appears we will all be Greeks soon!!!

You are so well informed !! yes exactly this is what troika and global bank doing years now,this is the game they are playing! If someone has seen the zeitgeist documentaries i am sure he will understand exactly the dirty role and mind games these morrals(G.B , European Counsil, Soimple-Merkel) are playing!

As for my cd i ll be here to inform you and everyone else who may intersting for orders or downloads or anything i can to do to spread it!

The bass community is certainly a global one. Wherever we live, we are all brothers and sisters.

Villis, drop me a digital copy when your album comes out. We would be proud to review it and get the word out!

- low life -

Of course i will do! I hope that you will like it!!

New Cover!