Thread: More than 2 years away and its my birthday. 71 today. I'm back!

Default More than 2 years away and its my birthday. 71 today. I'm back!

Well in typical me fashion I just wrote an epistle for you all about my sad life of wows and bass building and then lost it. So, I am here. I am not fine but I am happy with my lot Amen!

Theropy has been to reguild and modify 9 bass guitars and now I am jammed into my mini den. My desk is also my work bench I have chisels in my Pen and pencil pot, but hey I am back!

It was touch and go for 2 years, but today I dug out the set of Thunder Row CD's and oh where was I now? Yeh that's right Disc One hum!

I do hope I can make some friends here. 22 years with no regular guys to speak English to is boring as my wonderful Spanish neighbours think I'm funny and I don't see what the joke is. Spanish humour some how does not reach me. If you know what I mean. Having said that I got almost 50 Spanish Compli Anos Feliz on my facebook today so I know I'm loved!

I spent a lot of time in and out of hospital and on Morphine every day. I lost a lot of my day to day memory.

I carry a smashed left eldow that deforms my arm and that wont straighten so I play a loty of thumb over the E! My left hand was smashed and my fingers also look a little weired and a open fracture of my wrist and left ankle means that bass is moree than a challenge for me. I also can only walk with sticks. But hey everyone needs a challenge right?

I broke my back in the British parachute regiment 38 years ago and have agony from frozen vertibre that never got treated properly hence Morphine patches daily. It's hard to stay awake, unless it's 3 am!!

Still all my family are here with us and my wife and 9 and 3 bass in parts keep my waking hours busy! And today is Spring again!

Thanks for waiting. Just call me Al.

PS. MY kit list that follows needs seriously amending.

For an amp I have a 2006 EBS Drome 150w Bass Combo Amp, hand made in Sweden.
    Bass Sickaly I have a Bass Mentality!
    My kit: Yamaha BB714BS 1st Ed,
    Yamaha 374 2 X bucks
    1970's Fender Telecaster (Pristine)!
    Turque (1980's) 100W Amp Conbo
    Peavey 115 Bass Amp Combo
    Stagg 40W Amp Combo (well I didn't know it would rattle!)
    Small bathroom ampo!
    V-Amp Pro. (How does this work?)
    Thingy for connecting bass to computer, but I lost the registration codes!
    I take 24 tablet each day, but smiling makes me feel good!

Welcome back, Bassbelly! Glad to know you're still with us! Pull up a chair and sit next to me. Oh yeah... happy birthday!!
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 03-31-2016 at 08:40 AM.

- low life -

Hey Cool!! Welcome back and never give up!!!

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Thank you for comming back! I enjoyed your earlier posts, and look forward to reading the new ones.
    Brian