+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 80's Bass Lines

Thanks for your contributions, Arnold. Your playing is wonderful. Oh yeah, and I, too, wish more of our beloved members would participate. We wouldn't want to lose this special bass place due to lack of interest.

Videos, progress reports, gigs... it's all very important.

- low life -

I Can't Go for That!

80's Bass Challenge - I Can't Go For That! Ok, lots of questions about how I put these together and the bass. The Bass is a custom build my wife bought me for my 50th. Lonny White Gold Standard 5. This is number 7, awesome!
    I used a Zoom B3 multi-effects pedal (no effects) to get the audio into my computer. Using Garage Band to record the audio along with a track of the original tune. I used my LogiTech webcam and QuickTime7 to record the video. Finally, I but it all together in iMovie (obviously, I am a Mac guy). Syncing the audio and the video is a bit of a trick but not as bad as it sounds. Enjoy.
    Last edited by 5Slinger; 08-09-2016 at 08:04 AM.

LW Gold Standard 5
    Carvin/Kiesel - Icon5, BB75, PB5, LB70
    Fender - Pbass (DiMarzio Ultra P pickups, Warmoth Jazz neck), American Deluxe PJ, MIJ Walnut Jazz, American Elite Jazz
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray
    Power by Carvin B1000 through Markbass 2x10 Traveler (x2) (MarkBass Nano for practice/small gigs)

Somebody turn up the Bass!

www.engine14.com
    www.facebook.com/engine14band[/SIZE]

Love it. One of my all-time faves from the 80s.

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by 5Slinger View Post

I Can't Go for That!

80's Bass Challenge - I Can't Go For That! Ok, lots of questions about how I put these together and the bass. The Bass is a custom build my wife bought me for my 50th. Lonny White Gold Standard 5. This is number 7, awesome!
    I used a Zoom B3 multi-effects pedal (no effects) to get the audio into my computer. Using Garage Band to record the audio along with a track of the original tune. I used my LogiTech webcam and QuickTime7 to record the video. Finally, I but it all together in iMovie (obviously, I am a Mac guy). Syncing the audio and the video is a bit of a trick but not as bad as it sounds. Enjoy.
    Love the bass work!! Now on the Mac??? I bought one just to do work with Garage Band!!! Other wise way to over priced and the way you do things??? PC is so much easier when you do a ton of different things on it. WYSIWYG!! OR THINK AND THAT'S THE WAY IT WORKS!!! OK, enough computer talk back to the bass!!!
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by line6bassman View Post
    Now on the Mac??? I bought one just to do work with Garage Band!!! Other wise way to over priced and the way you do things??? PC is so much easier when you do a ton of different things on it. WYSIWYG!! OR THINK AND THAT'S THE WAY IT WORKS!!! OK, enough computer talk back to the bass!!!
    Macs are great. Overpriced is subjective, I grew up in the world of windows and still use it regularly. But for me, dealing with driver issues, hardware compatibility/incompatibility, security, etc. is just too much of a pain in the arse. The mac allows me to limit the pain, and I can run windows on my mac just as well or better than most PCs. The best of all worlds, Mac, Windows, Linux

LW Gold Standard 5
    Fender - Pbass (DiMarzio Ultra P pickups, Warmoth Jazz neck), American Deluxe PJ, MIJ Walnut Jazz, American Elite Jazz
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray
    Power by Carvin B1000 through Markbass 2x10 Traveler (x2) (MarkBass Nano for practice/small gigs)

www.engine14.com

Quote Originally Posted by 5Slinger View Post
    Macs are great. Overpriced is subjective, I grew up in the world of windows and still use it regularly. But for me, dealing with driver issues, hardware compatibility/incompatibility, security, etc. is just too much of a pain in the arse. The mac allows me to limit the pain, and I can run windows on my mac just as well or better than most PCs. The best of all worlds, Mac, Windows, Linux
    I agree on security. That's what I need to do run windows on mac. It just on windows I fly like a bird!! Like I always heard though music you can't beat a mac. By the way do you know how to turn password of mac it's driving me nuts asking for passwords for everything?
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

I do. PM'd you.
    Last edited by 5Slinger; 08-12-2016 at 06:45 AM.

LW Gold Standard 5
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray

www.engine14.com

Cool Under Pressure

Under Pressure!

I made a couple mistakes, missed the start...always seem to miss it. and another in the middle of the song. Otherwise I think it is pretty close.
    Last edited by 5Slinger; 08-12-2016 at 10:32 AM.

LW Gold Standard 5
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray

www.engine14.com

It says the video is not available.

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread