Thread: Article: Jauqo III-X - Trioplicity: The Lowest Of The Low

Default Article: Juaqo III-X - Trioplicity: The Lowest Of The Low

- low life -

Now that piqued my interest! Thanks. You'd have to have pretty high quality gear to reproduce the frequencies of that bass, if he actually plays waaay down there much.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    Now that piqued my interest! Thanks. You'd have to have pretty high quality gear to reproduce the frequencies of that bass, if he actually plays waaay down there much.
    Try it on headphones or plug your mp3 player into the aux jack of your bass amp (you may need one of those size adapters). My aux input uses those RCA adapters - the other end just plugs into the mp3 player.

- low life -

Hmmm. . . normal bass amps and some headphones are fully capable of producing relatively low frequencies but a low, low C# will have a fundamental frequency of about 17 hz. I know of few, if any bass amp/cabs that will actually produce any usable sound at that kind of frequency. A standard low E on a 4 string is about 41 hz. The B on my 5 & 6 strings is about 32 hz, and many amps/cabs already have a significant drop off at that frequency. Going down another 10 semi tones to C# gets to frequencies like 17 hz, that few, if any rigs not utilizing a sub woofer can actually produce. Amps may be able to produce those frequencies, but the weak link is the cab. Hence my comment about needing a very high end amp/cab system to actually reproduce those frequencies.

True dat, but you do get more of it through an amp than you would through regular speakers. Also - and I'd have to get an answer from Jauqo - I'm not sure he plays that low C# as an open string. If he is, we're not gonna hear it except as a physical vibration. More of a presence than a sound.

Through my headphones, it presents as a "shaking" through my ears. I'm not sure of the specs, but I have one set of headphones I use for Jauqo's music. They give me the majority of the sound.

I agree with you though - it's gonna take some high end gear to get the full effect of those frequencies.

The music itself is still well worth the listen.

Wow! Very nice review, Elmeaux!
    Your insight helps one appreciate this album even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Wow! Very nice review, Elmeaux!
    Your insight helps one appreciate this album even more!
    Thank you very much!!

- low life -

8. Default

Hello this is bassist Jauqo III X. If you guys and ladies have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jauqo III-X View Post
    Hello this is bassist Jauqo III X. If you guys and ladies have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you
    We were kind of wondering about whether or not you even play that lowest C# string OPEN. Most gear doesn't have the frequency range to pick it up if played open.

- low life -

10. Default

I definitely play the low C# string open on occasions.

And it's really easy to get bass frequencies clearly below the low B string. It just comes down to the gear and the players touch. I've heard many times where people say that you can't hear the low C# string open well I have been able to capture the frequency properly and please listeners should just remind themselves that every one does not have the same level of hearing abilities in certain ranges but that can be corrected if one takes the time to just listen and focus on wanting to actually hear the extra low frequencies instead of wanting to falsely believe that it's not possible.

There was a time not to long ago when listeners said that the low B string was to low to hear, well that's not the case for the most part these days.