Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default 2nd Week Worship Band

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Worship Rig - Post sz.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	4756

Love the sound and portability of this Ampeg BA112 as well as the 60 degree angle floor position.
    I just wish there was a DI so that we didn't have to mic it, but at the reasonable price for this rig I feel like I am whining to even suggest it.

I spent most of my life as a professional Trombonist in the LA Calif area. 5 + years ago when I had a stroke, I became more serious about my Bass and bought Roy's DVD set. It's been a tough road to get the feeling back in my fingers and playing bass has helped immensely. This was my 2nd performance in a "live" venue and while I am nowhere near where I'd like to be as a Bass Musician Performer, I feel like I have leaped forward in my Bass technique the past couple of weeks. For some unknown reason even my Pick playing made a significant advancement.

There is no replacement for for practice (especially woodshedding) but Performance with other musicians creates motivation that makes my practice more productive.

Well, that's enough of my mindless bloviating for now (smile)

Rick "Holland Jazz" (formerly "Harley Jazz")

You are right, Rick. Playing with other musicians provides a fantastic opportunity to move your playing up a level. Woodshoping helps with technique, but playing with others takes listening to others and playing "with" others, not just by yourself.

Good luck, Rick!

I've been playing a worship team gig for about 33 years now.

Looks like a nice rig. We enjoy member videos around here. (hint hint)

- low life -