Thread: Article: SONGVIEWS - SCIENCE FICTION

Default Article: SONGVIEWS - SCIENCE FICTION

- low life -

Nice 70'x retrospective there Elmeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    Nice 70'x retrospective there Elmeaux.
    Why, thank you!

You're all welcome to post a little blurb about a song that touches you because of the bass!

- low life -

4. Default

Frankly, I didn't really become aware of the potential of a bass guitar - even though I played one for years in a 60s pop band - until I heard McCartney's groove on Lady Madonna (even though he played it on piano), then Penny Lane. Amazing stand-alone pieces of music on their own. Then I started listening to Nate Watts on some of Stevie Wonders stuff, and my head exploded in shame - I had had the chutzpah to tell people I was a bass player! John the Baptist had said of Jesus "I'm not worthy to tie the thongs of his sandles". I know the feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman View Post
    Frankly, I didn't really become aware of the potential of a bass guitar - even though I played one for years in a 60s pop band - until I heard McCartney's groove on Lady Madonna (even though he played it on piano), then Penny Lane. Amazing stand-alone pieces of music on their own. Then I started listening to Nate Watts on some of Stevie Wonders stuff, and my head exploded in shame - I had had the chutzpah to tell people I was a bass player! John the Baptist had said of Jesus "I'm not worthy to tie the thongs of his sandals". I know the feeling!

Yep! It's all very humbling.

- low life -