Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: A Bass Re-Acquaintance

Default Article: A Bass Re-Acquaintance

- low life -

Prayers headed your way, Elmeaux!!!

Get well, Elmeaux. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Wow Elmeaux, you've been hit hard and not out of the tough stuff yet! Do hope things get straightened out in the new year. Prayers for your full recovery.

I can echo your thoughts on playing the bass. I've had serious health issues this last year. Diagnosed with lower colon cancer in June. Went through chemo and radiation therapy in August and September. Then surgery in late November from which I am still recovering. All signs to date are that the chemo/radiation got it all!!! Still have a few months of chemo to finish things off. Managed to play my basses right up to my surgery. Playing with the band really helped to take my mind off what was going on. Can only play my old P bass right now because I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs. Maybe after Christmas I can pick up the other ones and get back to the band.

Love your attitude, lady, and really pulling for you!

Thanks to alla yas. TobiasMan, Blessings to you for a full recovery! The bass has healing powers in its rich, full bodied sound!

Prayers headed your way also, TobiasMan!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Ashley and the Gnomes in the Art Department told me to tell you guys to get well! (I don't think it was a request, if you know what I mean).

8. Default

Sorry to hear all the struggles, you guys, but so glad you shared them with us so we can keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Get well. Get strong. And fill the world with Thunder! Merry Christmas and a happy, HEALTHY, New Year!

Elmeaux, it's not the same around the old place without you singing up and down the halls! I'm glad to hear you were able to pick up the bass again - even if it took effort - and that you found the music healing. It is that. I look forward to hearing that your treatments all went well, and that you'll soon be giving Ralph a hard time. (He's determined to take over your corner office on the 99th floor! Hurry back!). You're not only LOVED, you're NEEDED! God bless your Christmas and your new year.

Tobiasman, having lived through this with a number of friends and relations, we know the strength, courage, and grace your journey has taken. Well done. We pray that your recovery will be complete, and you'll be back at full strength very soon! All the best. God bless you and yours throughout the new year.

Elmeaux and Tobiasman,

Get well soon.