Thread: Article: Tab B Gone

Default Article: Tab B Gone

Hi Roy,Thanks for putting this exercise together. I have begun practicing it and find it very useful for learning notation and finding the notes up and down the fretboard.After going through it I noticed what appears to a couple of errors.At the beginning the open E is marked at the 1st position and G at the 2nd position. Should this be open for E and G at 3rd position?Also, in the 5th part where you begin with E on the 12th position, you have a G on the 14th position which I believe is a F#/Gb. Shouldn't this be notated as the 15th position?Thanks,John

This will be this weekend's lesson. I was going to do work on Lesson 5, but I think this could help me a great deal. Thanks, Roy.

originally from Michigan now living in Ohio

I too found the lesson helpful, but I could not figure out the 5th part either any hints anyone

5. Default

John, the first note is not an open E. It's actually shown as a 'middle' C as found for example on the piano... It's written in standard musical notation. Anyway, I hope this helps perhaps clarify...

thanks for posting! looking forward to putting it to use!

7. Default

Thanks for this! My problem isn't moving beyond tab. It's moving past the treble clef. I've only known that since I was 16 (I'm now 65) and am having a heck of a time making the transition - Rick

Quote Originally Posted by ricka47 View Post
    Thanks for this! My problem isn't moving beyond tab. It's moving past the treble clef. I've only known that since I was 16 (I'm now 65) and am having a heck of a time making the transition - Rick
    Yep. It's a skill to be able to master both parts of the Grand Staff. Keep at it!

- low life -