Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modulus Quantum 5 Quilt 5-String Bass - Is there any interest?

Default Modulus Quantum 5 Quilt 5-String Bass - Is there any interest?

Hey there TR, I have a Blue Quilted Modulus Q5 that I bought from Guitar Center in Pasadena California about 2 or 3 years ago but I have never actually used it. I mostly practice on my MusicMan Sub 4 and I have never actually used the Modulus. I was thinking about selling but did'nt know if this is a desirable bass because I know the price point is a little high. It is 3 band with Bartolini pickups. The original Case will be included. It is 100% percent brand new, I was thinking perhaps $3000.00 including shipping as long as you live in the US. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post pictures.
    On the Downbeat

I'd love one of those, but I could never afford it.

- low life -

I am not worthy of this bass..it was an impulse buy and peer pressure from a buddy who has one lol
    On the Downbeat

Wow, I guess I am behind the times. Modulus went out of business in 2013 but then I saw an article saying that they are back in business. They had to file chapter 11 or something. It is a shame because those composite necks are really cool.
    On the Downbeat

I agree. Composite necks are slick! I love composite bodies, too.

- low life -

Default Keep that baby!!

You should keep it. Not worthy? That is the wrong attitude in my opinion. If you liked it enough to fork over the cubic bucks for it, then you are certainly worthy of owning it. Guitars are artwork with a utility component. If you feel your skills are not up to the level of the quality of the bass......admire it until they are, or just admire it. Pride of ownership and all that. You are not likely to recoup your investment in it for a number of years anyway. Check ebay for prices on similar instruments. Modulus basses range from as low as $1000, and up to $3000, but only the best deals actually sell. As the price of quality instruments goes higher over time, usually, you should be able to get the price you want after a reasonable passage of time. But again, you are worthy, and I think you should keep it unless you need the funds. I have a bunch of bass guitars, and I can't play for squat, but I do not regret a single purchase. Afterall, what is more sekzy (the correct spelling gets blocked? really?) and desirable than a beautiful bass guitar? Then again.......what do I know?

Kimgee, I think your right. It is a beautiful bass and it sounds great and very easy to play. My wife loves that bass as well but I just felt a little embarrassed owning cause I am still a beginner. I actually got a good deal because GC had a coupon and also it was one of those no payment no interest deals so I just payed the minimum over time until paid off. My buddy who plays in a church band swears by this bass. He has several vintage fender's but once he got the Modulus he put those other basses away because he just fell in love composite neck. Thanks for the encouragement. My bass playing is getting better so maybe someday I will be slappin' and tappin' like a pro on that beast
    On the Downbeat

Default Music is goodness!!!

Now you're talking!! But really, does it matter how proficient you become at playing the bass? Do you have aspirations of playing in a great band and becoming a recognized bassist? I mean really? I think it is all about fun and the enjoyment of music. I suck, and I don't care. I will advance as far as I advance and that will be just fine. I have never played with another person.....much less a band. I just want to have a good time and learn interesting stuff along the way. I have been learning simple melodies of late, and really enjoy playing Amazing Grace and America the Beautiful. Melodies are fun and help me practice my sight reading. Research shows that playing a musical instrument is a fantastic full workout for the brain. They have imaged the brain while the owner plays an instrument and it shows the entire brain becomes active. Not just the right or left side, or this or that lobe......the entire brain!! I know mine needs the exercise. So, regardless of the level of expertise that is achieved, music is fun and good for you as well. I see no downside. Have fun and enjoy fondling your bass!!!

You got a great deal on a great bass. Keep it and work into it. BTW, you don't have to be a fantastic bass player to play on a great bass. Try it some more, it just might become your go to bass.

Dontay,I agree wholeheartedly with Kimgee and Tobiasman. I have always bought the best tools I could afford for whatever I was doing, be it framing a house or fumbling through a tune. A good tool makes doing a good job easier, and if I do a less than stellar job, at least I know where to asign the responsability.

Brian